Hue City Tour
Located on the bank of Song Huong- Perfume River; Hue, the capital of Thua Thien Hue province in Central Vietnam, is 700 km southern Hanoi, 1100km northern Ho Chi Minh City, and only a few miles from the sea. Not until 1945 was Hue the national capital, the political, cultural and religious center of Vietnam under the control of Nguyen Dynasty. Most well-known for its historic values; Hue had been recognized as one of the World Heritage Sites by UNESCO.
Suggested itinerary: The exact timing itinerary depends on the arrival & departure time of the ship
– 8:00. Pick up from the ship. Tour guide will hold a sign of your name to welcome
– 9:30. Arrive to Hue and visit the Citadel, Hue’s prime attraction, which contains the Imperial City, the Forbidden Purple City and the Emperor’s Private Residence. Hue has been known as the Imperial City of the Nguyen Emperors rising to glory during their reign from 1802 – 1945.
– 12:00. Visit Thien Mu Pagoda. Considered by many as the unofficial symbol of Hue, Thien Mu is an active Buddhist monastery with origins dating back to 1601. One of its most poignant displays is a car belonging to a former monk, who in 1963, drove to Saigon and set himself alight to protest against the South Vietnamese regime and its cruel treatment of Buddhist monks and followers.
– 13:00. Tour guide will recommend you the local restaurant for lunch.
– 14:15. Visit the serene Khai Dinh Royal Tomb, designed to blend in with its natural surroundings and built on principles of feng-shui.
– 17:00 Return get back to the ship for sure.
– Air conditioned new SUV car 7 seats or brand new minivan with experienced driver
– Licenced English speaking tour guide
– All entrance tickets
– Port permits
– Cold bottled of water & tissue
– Local taxes
The cost per person:
– $US100 (group of 2 people)
– $US80 ( group from 3 to 4 people)
– $US70 ( group from 5 to 7 people)
– $US65( group from 8 to 10 people)